Hiring – Onboarding – Exiting Processes
Hiring New Employees
Please follow these steps to hire a new employee.
- The Hiring Process begins with the opening and subsequent posting of a vacant position. Contact the Manager of Administration, who will assist you with this process. The most important part of this process is ensuring that the job description and requirements are accurate.
- The next step is working with the HR Talent Acquisition Specialist to ensure that your job is posted where you feel it will attract the highest number or qualified applicants through the BU Applicant Tracking System.
- Once the Hiring Manager is ready to move forward with their final candidate, contact the Manager of Administration who will help you complete the Position Offer Form which will be sent to HR to finalize the hiring process. More information on the university hiring procedures can be found here.
- Once HR has extended the offer and the candidate has accepted, you will have to provide?this information to the HR Talent Acquisition Specialist as required by the government.
Onboarding New Employees
Please follow these instructions to Onboard New Employees.
- The Onboarding Process is one of the most important processes that your New Employee will partake in. Remember that first impressions are lasting impressions. Please use the SVPFA Employee Onboarding Guide to Onboard your New Employee. Please note that New Employees are both New Hires as well as Employees new to your Department via transfer from alternate BU departments.
- Prepare for and conduct a departmental orientation. This page on the Human Resources Website provides some helpful information to assist you.
- Your New Employee will also need to be set up for all automation services. Hiring Managers should use the?New Hire Automation Setup Request to request access to shared drives, distribution lists, and job specific applications. Also, you will want to ensure you have the correct devices and that they have the access they need to their work areas. This form will be sent to the IS&T Desktop Support Team who will work with you to ensure your New Employee’s work station is ready to go on their first day.
Exiting Process for Employees
Please follow these instructions which cover the exiting process.
- When an employee resigns or transfers from a position, you need to monitor a number of tasks to ensure a smooth transition. Direct Supervisors and Department Heads should ensure the completion of the SVPFA Employee Exiting Guide. Please follow the appropriate instructions on the checklist as they include all categories of exiting or transferring employees.
If you need any assistance in any of these areas or simply have questions, please contact a member of the Financial Affairs Administrative Team, who will be happy to help.