Consumer Fraud Protection & Identity Theft
If you believe that you are the victim of identity theft, you should contact the BU Police Department immediately. You can contact the Detective Division by phone at 617-353-3436 for more information about identity theft. The following can assist you in protecting yourself from becoming a victim of fraud and identity theft.
- Internet Scambusters
- Consumer.gov?Your resource for consumer information from the Federal Government
- Massachusetts Better Business Bureau Alerts
- Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs
- Identity Theft Identity: What to Know?requires Adobe Acrobat Reader?
- Taking Charge, What to do if your identifty is Stolen?requires Adobe Acrobat Reader?
- Top Ten Dot Cons
- National Fraud Information Center